In part 2 of this video series (scroll down to see video) Men Standing for Women, Dale Thomas Vaughn, Co-Founder of Gender Leadership Group mentions a published report by Price Waterhouse Cooper that indicates Millennials say over 50% of companies talk about diversity but that they do not feel opportunities are actually equal for all.
Dale, a millennial himself says, "Talking about sexism and gender norms and diversity like it's a new concept is not working. We (millennials) are tired of this talk. We are not going to take it. I'm here to talk about what does it take to flip the switch and actually do something. The companies that flip the switch are going to thrive and those who don't will fail. Your business is on the line."
He then goes on to cite "5 Steps To Flip The Switch To Create Gender Equality & Diversity" that Gender Leadership Group recommends for companies.
1. Recognize reasons for gender partnership. (business case, personal case, moral case).
2. Male leaders taking gender partnership and equality seriously and getting help from outside the bubble because bias is likely blinding them.
3. Filter the equality standard at the grassroots level through diversity and equality ERGs but let them know they have air cover so they can actually get things done.
4. Middle managers need to understand unconscious bias getting in the way of their leadership journey.
5. Tie all the above to business imperatives and involve women throughout the journey.
This discussion panel takes place in front of an audience made up of corporate leaders from organizations including Microsoft, Ebay, PwC, PG&E, Genentech, Hanson Bridgett, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Visa and more.
Better Man Conference sponsors include: PG & E, Hanson Bridgett, Genentech, Mankind Project, PwC, San Francisco Giants, and the 3% Conference.
Marketing partners include: Lean In, The Bay Area Council, The Representation Project, Anita Borg Institute, WiRL, Institute For Women's Leadership, Institute For Gender Partnership, Griggs Productions, Women In Technology International
Visit www.BetterManConference.com for upcoming events
Visit www.GenderLeadershipGroup.com to learn about training for your organization.